How to Apply
It's easy to get started
1 Step One
Go to our Rental Search page to browse available properties for rent in Broward County.
2 Step Two
Find a property you are interested in visiting and schedule a showing to see the home in person.
3 Step Three
Click "Apply" when you're ready to fill out an application. We'll review your submission promptly.
Thank you for your interest in renting a home from TrueNest Property Management. If you have not already seen the property, make sure you schedule a showing with your leasing agent so you can know for sure if you’ve found the right home.
As a company, we do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and welcome Persons of all Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status or National Origin.
It is likely that we may receive multiple applications from unrelated individual applicants on the same property at approximately the same time. If such is the case, we will process all applications for consideration as to what we (in our sole discretion) deem to be the applicant(s) who would be the least likely to default on any and all terms of the lease. In such cases, more than one applicant may be approvable. Because we contractually and legally represent the best interest of the rental property and the property owner, we will accept the strongest application, which may not necessarily be the first application received.
In order to evaluate the various applications, it is necessary for TrueNest Property Management to expend time and cost in credit reports, criminal reports, and other administrative expenses. Hence, our policy is that the application fee is non-refundable. If your application is approvable, but not the approved one for the property for which you were applying, you may consider applying for other available properties that we may have, without payment of an additional application fee for up to 60 days from the notice we issue you at that time.
- Applicant MUST visit the property before applying
- Complete a rental application for each adult occupant: https://truenest.managebuilding.com/Resident/rental-application/
- Submit the required documentation within 48 business hours after submitting the application (can be submitted with the online application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A minimum credit score of 600 will be considered for processing (unless a higher score is required by HOA, if there is one). Scores below 600 may be considered with the understanding that an additional security deposit may be required.
- Monthly gross household income must be at least 3 times the monthly rent
- No evictions
- No collections from past landlords
- No felonies of illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance in the last 7 years
- No felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage or destruction of property for example, “arson” regardless of age
- No sexual related offenses
- No bankruptcy in the past 5 years that has not been discharged/released
- If pets are allowed, no aggressive breeds are allowed (fully or partially/mixed)
- Pet restrictions may apply as to the type and number of animals
- No smoking of tobacco, marijuana or any other substance is allowed at or on the property
- Tenant must read and agree to abide by rules of the HOA
All documentation must be submitted with the online application or emailed to email@example.com within 48 business hours of the application submittal date.
- Valid government issued ID
- Most recent pay stubs (2 months)
- Most recent bank statements (2 months for employed and 4 months for self-employed)
- 2 years tax returns (only for Self-Employed)
- Photo of pet taken with the applicant
No pets of any kind are permitted without written permission of the Landlord or Truenest Property Management. If pets are allowed, applicants will be asked to provide a non-refundable pet fee that typically ranges from $250 to $500 depending on the type and number of pets. The following breeds (fully or partially/mixed) are not allowed:
- Pit-bull Terrier
- American BullDog
- Bull Terrier
- Staffordshire Terrier
- Presa Canario
- Doberman Pinscher
- German Shepherd
- Akita – including Japanese and Akita Inu
- Bernese – including Mountain Dog, Berner Sennenhund & Bernese Cattle Dog
- Husky (including American Eskimo, Siberian & Greenland)
- Wolf Hybrids
- Mastiffs (Including Anatolian Shepherd, Dogue de Bordeaux, Neopolitian, Tibetan, English, Spanish & Bullmastiff)
- Chow Chow
- Saint Bernard
- Great Dane
- Great Pyrenees
- Any dog with a biting history
The character of your dog, if one of the breeds named above, may be docile and well trained. However, no exceptions can be made.
Restricted pets are not limited to what is listed above. Birds, rabbits, or other smaller caged animals, along with fish with tanks that are 20 gallons or larger are also considered pets, and will be subject to all pet costs and pet reviews described above.
Application Approval Time
TrueNest Property Management will take 4 business days from the moment we receive a full application and ALL required documentation of ALL adult occupants to make a decision. We are not open on weekends and holidays.
If the application is approved we will proceed to sign the Contract to Lease and Lease Agreement.
In the case that an approval from a Home Owner Association is required, the approved applicant will be responsible to apply in a timely manner to the HOA and pay their application fees. Please check with the HOA for their approval turn-around time.